Saturday, December 24, 2016

Gaylord Texan with ICE!

Pictures cannot describe the Gaylord Texan!  A hotel, restaurants, toy trains, Santa, Christmas trees, nutcrackers and so much more all inside a huge glass dome.  It was a site to see.  Our first stop was the Ice display.  5 degrees of cold.  Why?  Because all the sculptures were made of ice.  Here we go, on our way.


 I love Christmas time!  Smiling faces and celebrating the best gift we were ever given! JESUS!
 This is at the top of the glass dome.
 Toy trains!




 We have arrived in the building and it is already cold.
 Anyone want to slide?

And so it begins!  I had no idea what to expect.  I just knew I needed to take pictures and that meant taking my gloves off.  It is recommended to keep your big cameras safe and warm.  Cell phone pictures for me.  I could do this!
 Have you ever tried to take a picture of a hologram?
 Gearing up with our big blue coats.  At least Keri, Easton and I did.



In we go! 
 All made of ice!  Off came the gloves over and over!




 My fingers now feel like they are going to crack and fall off but I continue.  I try and warm my hands up in-between pictures.  Didn't really work.
 Amazing!



 There was a bar in the display.  Hot buttered rum anyone?


There were slides on either side of this display for the kids or adults.  Made of ice of course.  Easton and Ryland climbed up to do the slide.  My hands were so cold I snapped a couple of pictures, put my gloves on and said no more.  I am going to hurt myself.  No pictures of the boys on the slide.

 I was done taking pictures and then I saw sign that said THE END.  I could tough out a couple more pictures.
 At the end I found a nativity scene and
 an angel! Perfect ending!  I was cold but it was tolerable except for my hands.  The things I go through for a picture!  It was worth it.
Next stop was Build a Bear!  Touchdown and Buddy were created!



Ryland getting ready to put the heart in.
 The finished product.  So sweet, the slept with them!
 Make a gingerbread house!
 Doolittles!

 Anyone want to watch one of the 9 television screens.  No thanks!
 Buffet time.  Mexican of course.
 This small river is a replica of a something in Texas.  I could ask Keri or Mark for more specific information but... Keri filled me in.  The whole are is a replica of the River Walk in San Antonio.

 These people are waiting to get in the restaurant.  We had good timing.
 Fish in the mini river.




 Texas longhorn!

 The boys have horns!

 This is the story about the replica oak they have inside the dome.
 The replica oak!

 Heading into the canyon!

 Elves were all over the place.

This is a replica of the Alamo!

 The Alamo and Easton!



 We headed out and waited for Mark to bring the car and I spotted the Elf!  Oh my, this was spectacular.  Another Christmas adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment