Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Arboretum in Texas, the rest of the story!

As usual Keri and Mark show me a great time when I go to Texas.  We started our day at the children's area of the Arboretum!
This display showed the many uses of corn!



Can you recognize the smell?  I didn't do a good job at this!  I would say Mark did the best.

Great view!
Every children's area has a maze.  So it begins!

Ryland and Easton made it out safe and sound.
AHHH, geology.  Stalagmites and stalactites.
How does rain change the Earth! Fascinating!
I realized how much I have forgotten seeing all these geology things.  My minor in college but I have not used this type of information much.

See how the water cycle works.
Planets!
This is a huge kaleidoscope!  I looked through it! Beautiful!
Water, water everywhere!


Love, love!  Such great grandsons!  Their parents are doing a great job raising them.
This is the view from the top of the area that had all the water to experiment with.







We lost Easton!
Ryland was a little more obvious.

Oh yes!  Making music with bottles.  Ryland and Easton got it!

Keri was a pro!



Being with the grandchildren reminds me to never lose the wonder of the little things.  Things like floating a leaf down a creek.  It was a bit windy so it took some tries to get the leaf into the water.
Finally one went over the mini falls.  We watched until it got stuck!


A fabulous day coming to an end!  I love Christmas time.  Add some family into the mix and it makes  the time even better.  Ryland was not into picture taking at this point.

Speaking of the wonders of being a child, leaf chasing and catching activity.  It was so fun to watch the boys feel a slight breeze and take off to chase the leaves.  Over and over, all the way to the car.


Home after a full day but we aren't done yet.  Ryland and Easton got to open the presents from Papa Mike and Grandma Jackie.  First they had to be found.
That box Easton is holding was my present from the Doolittles.  A beautiful Faith bracelet.
A rock tumbler!  Keri was more excited than the boys I think!  Walking down memory lane to the place where she had a rock tumbler to smooth our rocks.



I didn't know there was a detective agency in the Doolittle household.  Ryland and Easton!  Have you lost anything? I said I lost my mind and they couldn't help with that.
Easton asked Keri questions about her lost cell phone while Ryland wrote down the answers.  Good stuff.  Precious.
Here are the notes.
Walkie Talkies to communicate and the cell phone was found.  Nice work detectives!

No comments:

Post a Comment