Monday, July 16, 2018

A Bald Eagle Sighting on Wednesday Vacation Day July 2018

Getting ready to start our day.  We have a sign in our kitchen that says, All I Need Today is a Little Coffee and a Whole Lot of Jesus! 2 great books to read.  If you haven't read them just give them a try.  It will change your life! 
The current on the Columbia River was too strong for two novice kayakers.  Our camp hosts shared two different lakes to check out.  They were only about 20 minutes away from out camp.  We also got some good fishing spot information so we stopped along the way so Mike could check out Black Sand Beach.




What a beautiful spot.  Beautiful is overused when it comes to nature, this is so much more than beautiful.  Maybe there really isn't a great word to describe God's creation except it's God's creation and it is beyond what our words can describe.
I thought this cloud looked like our dog, Murphy.  I am working on looking at clouds to see what they look like.  Kids can pick things out right away.  I am working on my imagination.  Off to the lakes.
Very unique rock formation in the river!

We looked at the first lake, Cedar Lake, and thought it looked like a huge pond.  We learned later the fishing was great in Cedar Lake.  We continue up the road to Deep Lake and it was just perfect for the kayaks and for the Gleasons.  These ducks weren't bothered by our presence at all.

Ah, baby ducks with their mom!
Here we go.  I took lots of scenery pictures that won't need describing!




Mike shouts, "Jackie! A Bald Eagle!"   It was behind me and I got to see it close up but getting the camera on this moving target was difficult.  I included the picture, even though it is hard to tell that it is a bald eagle, so I could remember the moment.  Again, God has sent an eagle for me to see!  We saw at least 2 more.  Might have been the same eagle.









Maybe I see eagles in everything but this cloud looked like the head of an eagle.  The beak is on the right.
A rope swing!



The kayak adventure is coming to an end.  Mike is pulling into shore.
Ah, what a spot.  On to our next adventure tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment