Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Fishing, Reading, Canada

We are called to be fishers of men.  Something Mike and I work on and we are growing in.  We pray for opportunities to share our faith.  Mike has another fishing passion.  It is for the kind of fish that swim in water and you can grill up and eat.  I do not share this passion as much as Mike would like me to.  I tried but fishing is not on my list of fun things to do.  So while Mike went fishing I found a shady place to park my chair and read.  I did take a few pictures.  A person can't just sit in a chair for hours, I had to take pictures!   Here we go!
Off to Black Sand beach.  No black sand left on this beach.  At one time it was polluted and the sand had something in it that was black.  I did hear the whole story about the pollution but it didn't stay with me.
Mike made friends with Tony.  This was the second time they had a conversation.  Tony came to the beach every morning to roll his cigarettes before work.
Here they go to find just the right spot.  Tony, of course, had experience fishing at the Black Sand Beach.
IT'S OVER THERE.  THE FISH IS OVER THERE!

Where's Mike?

Well, things happen when you fish around rocks.  Mike's line got stuck but he got it out.

Lovely, just lovely!




Mike didn't catch any fish after about three hours of fishing.  
The next morning Mike went to Cedar Lake (without me) and took the kayak.  I think it takes some talent to row a kayak and hold a fishing pole.  No place to put the pole in the kayak.  A quote from Mike! "Fish I caught in Cedar Lake and they were grilled up in butter and a little seasoning salt and eatin!  Yummm😋" Success!!! 
Next was a trip into Canada.  Why did I take this picture?  Well, this was right before our car was searched.  Do you have any guns or weapons in the car?  I said no and Mike said no then talked about guns he had at home that I didn't want him to bring.  We never talked about that at all.  The lady said, "Let me get this straight.  You have a gun at home but your wife wouldn't let you bring it and it's at home."  Mike said, "That's right.  You can search my car if you want to."  There you have it.  A search.  Border rules are, the people there don't like joking around, say yes or no to questions with no extra information.  If they ask a question that requires more than a yes or no just answer it directly.  Again, no extra information.  It all went better when we came back into the United States.  
We ended up in Rossland, BC.  There wasn't a lot to do but we found a couple of things.  I got a Red Mountain ski t-shirt for a souvenir.   We looked in a few shops.


Oh, look and ice cream shop.  Lets go in there.  I got one too.
This is Olaus Jeldness, a Norwegian mining engineer.  He got the whole skiing thing started in Rossland.  I like him.
We found a museum.




I looked at his and thought about how fast an ambulance can get to people today.  Not so fast with this.

I discovered the rocks (love geology) right before it was time to go to the show were were attending.  No time to look.
Off to a show about Olaus Jeldness and a history lesson about Rossland.
Watching the dancing and listening to the singing was great. It was a fabulous show just a little long for us.  The costumes were good too.

Olaus is in the shorter brown jacket. He is on the right with a mustache.  Most of the story was about how he started winter sports in Rossland.




The show also told about how a women's hockey team was started.  It was fun outing but we both decided when we came again we would plan more time so we could explore more.


No comments:

Post a Comment