Thursday, December 20, 2018

Isaiah 40:31 Soaring With Eagles and Jesus 2018

Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31

I know God is with us every second of every day.  I know that for sure.  There is just something so special about seeing these eagles every year that makes me want to shout out GOD IS SO GOOD, THANK YOU GOD AND PRAISE YOU! I feel like God is telling me how much He loves me every time I see one of these birds.  I have a history with bald eagles and God. We have been going to see the bald eagles since 2011.  This was one of the best. 
We woke up to rain.  Oh no!!!  Well, we might as well give it a try.  The rain stopped before we even left the house.  It was a perfect day for eagle viewing.  No snow in the trees helped us see them.  Mike and I thought the bald eagles were more active than they had been in other trips.  They were everywhere!  I want to go back!!!

We didn't need binoculars or a spotting scope to find the eagles this year but looking through the spotting scope made the eagles appear to be an arms length away.  Many of the pictures we take use the spotting scope and the camera.  We just set the camera on the scope and snap.  It isn't quite that easy actually. I started with 107 pictures.  I only used about half of them. There are some pictures that look almost the same but I kept them in the blog because I wanted to save them.





 This eagle looks like it is about to launch into flight.






 The bald eagles are after these fresh water silver salmon.  Not the dead ones though.



 No this is love right here in this picture!  It is!!!

Mike was setting up his spotting scope to get a close up of these eagles.  
 He almost had it set up and off they flew!
 We saw so many bald eagles flying and flying close to us.  Boy, you can really tell how big they are when they fly right by you!  Huge!!!

 If at first you don't succeed try, try again.  No catch this time!



 Coming right for you!






 No white feathers yet on this eagle.





 These eagles were across a bay and we could still get pictures with the spotting scope and camera.



 Tradition continues! Lunch at Jimmy's Down the Street!  Mike is at his happy place!
I love, love, love this day every year.  I love the tradition that Mike and I have of going to see the bald eagles.  Brings me joy, not just happiness but joy, the kind that Jesus gives.  The best joy ever!! There is a never ending supply of joy from Jesus! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment