Thursday, December 22, 2022

Another adventure!  One right after another.  This day was the only day the weather was sketchy.  Drizzly rain for a few hours.  Off we go the the Statue of Liberty.  

This ferry held a whole lot of people! 
So exciting! There she is, there she is!
We have arrived.  This is the back of the Statue of Liberty. 

Steps or elevator.  I chose the elevator!  Katie is helping secure the Statue of Liberty to the base. 
Here is the explanation of the bolts you see in the picture above. 
We just couldn't get enough pictures of her. 


Check out the size of the people in this picture.  That gives you an idea of how huge the statue is! 



We just can't forget Kristin!
It took all three of us to keep the statue upright and attached to the base. Huge bolts!




Next stop Ellis Island! Katie got a new hat! 
Ellis Island coming up!
And the sun is coming out! 

We have arrived at the place where many, many immigrants entered the United States! The Registry Room. 

There was a place where you could look people up to see if they entered the United States through Ellis Island.  I thought my grandfather, Ludwig Kaminski, came to the United States through Ellis Island from Poland.  We couldn't find him.  I know he came to the United States from Poland.  A relative shared that information with me and showed me documents which I no longer have.  He just didn't come to the United States through Ellis Island.  

Now to Ground Zero where the attack on the United States occurred on 9-11. Sobering. 

The tall building in this picture is the new World Trade Center. 


After we left Ground Zero we found a place to eat and watch the United States in their soccer match.  We went to a mall and it had an outdoor skating rink.  Unique. 
I don't really follow soccer but it was fun to watch.  The United States won 1-0 and I don't remember who they were playing.  I told you I don't follow soccer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment