Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The Macy's Day Parade Thankgiving Day 2022

Here we go.  When you are right at the start you hear the countdown to the start of the parade.  Ten, nine, eight, seven ...
Off the motorcycle police go to lead the way. 
Not a lot to say about the pictures.  Just enjoy, I know I did!  This was a once in a lifetime experience.  I was so excited.  Every year I say I would love to see the Macy's Day Parade in person.  Thanks to my daughters it happened.  I can't put into words how much it meant to me.  I just can't.
















There were some famous people in the parade.  Most of them I hadn't heard of.  Haha! How did I know they were well known?  The crowd chanted their names as they came by!
This group I knew.  Trombone Shorty from New Orleans!


A skill I had to practice.  Getting me and the ballon in the same shot!

Getting better!

Finally got it! 
Jimmy Kimmel!
Santa is getting closer! We have moved from Thanksgiving to Christmas!







Pictures out of order!  










They match.  



What a crowd!

Here is the main attraction!  We were so close and got great pictures! I know and believe with all my heart that Jesus is why we celebrate Christmas.  That is always my focus.  Santa Claus is fun.  When I was a child I always thought that the Santa in the Macy's Day Parade was the real Santa. I have some great videos but I can't upload them to this post.  I am not the only one having this issue. I sent a trouble shooting message to blogger.  We will see what happens.  If it is fixed I will add them.  

This is my favorite picture of Santa Claus.

Make no mistake! I know Santa is not real now but it sparked joy in my heart to see the Santa I thought was the real Santa as a child live in the parade. We celebrate the birth of Jesus each year at Christmas because that is what Christmas is about.  The greatest gift we have every been given.  God's Son came as a baby to save us. I will be forever grateful to my daughters for this adventure. What a thoughtful gift! 
Keri and Katie wanted to know my reaction to the parade.  I could have been just a little teary.  It touched my heart!
And so we head back to the hotel buckets in tow.  What a wonderful experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment