Sunday, May 21, 2023

Layne's Track and My 70th Birthday

Oh what a wonderful day this was!  Layne's District Track Meet and my 70th birthday.  A day filled with the best thing ever.  Family.  When we got to the meet Layne was getting ready to run the 800 meter race.  
Watch check!
This was a really hard place to get pictures.  Chain link fences all around.  Sitting the blazing hot stands wouldn't work for pictures!  Line up time!
Grandpa Mike decided to sit in the stands.  He is just below the two people sitting on the top bench. 
And they are off!


You can see Layne's yellow jersey in this group of runners. 

Layne finished 5th and she got a PR. Personal record, just in case someone doesn't know what PR stands for.  Great job Layne!  You set a record!


Off to get awards!


The top two go to state.  Keep reading.  You will see Layne has an opportunity to go to state. 

Now the 4X400 relay!


Deer Park's team placed second and they are headed to the state track meet.  Congratulations to Layne.  Her first year running track and she shines like a star!
Now the birthday festivities!  The Lathrops invited us over for dinner and of course angel food cake! 

Really!! Charming. 
AHHH! Love these girls and it is so hard to believe Layne is going to college and Lucy will be in high school.  
Catch with Dad
While Layne supervises the barbecue. She is doing a fine job.



They are done!


I was so blessed to have time with all the Lathrops.  I am thankful for the invitation to celebrate my 70th birthday with my family.  Precious, precious! It made my day. 




The meal was so so good. Justin cooked the steaks to perfection!  It was all yummy!


We all sat around the table and ate and talked.  It was so good.  There might have been some laughing too.  I can't express how much I appreciated this evening.  Layne put 7 candles on my cake.  7 X10= 70

Symmetry was very important to her.  The candles had to be in just the right places.  

Nice work Layne. 
Ready set go. I asked Layne if these were the candles that relight.  She didn't say one way or the other.  
Love, love, love!

I tried to post the video of me blowing out the candles.  It was classic if you ask me.  For some reason the video wouldn't post so I created a link that you can click on.  You can watch this priceless event.  It's quick so don't miss it.  Click below. 

I over indulged.  It's OK. It was my birthday.  
This is me giving Lucy whipped cream.  Apparently I am a bad influence. 
Another video to watch. You be the judge if I am a bad influence.  Click on the link below. 

                                                              Whipped Cream Fun
Lucy did this on her own!  Joy! Pure joy.  Guess I was a bad influence but I think Lucy would have done this without any of my influence. 


The senior modeling her University of Montana Grizzly gear.  How did this happen? 
Time to leave and we were introduced to Angus.  Not sure Kristin will ever be able to plant flowers in this pot.  They say this cat weighs about 30 pounds. That's what they said.  Seems like a lot for a cat.  Never saw the cat upright.  
After Justin did some cat petting Mike decided to pick the cat up.  I kept saying, "remember I am allergic to cats."  Mike gets cat dander on himself and I will be miserable. 
This was the solution to the cat dander.  Justin got the blower out! 
Too funny.  It worked.  No issues with allergies.  Goofballs.  
I can't say thank you enough for having us over for my birthday.  It was truly a blessing and it made my day.  Love you all so so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment