Friday, May 31, 2013

Parker, CO Geocaching May 2013

Keri and the boys picked me up at the Denver Airport and it was so good to see their smiling faces! I will never get used to hearing GRANDMA JACKIE and Ryland and Easton hugging me to greet me.  Priceless.  We met up with Mark for some lunch at a yummy Mexican restaurant.  Surprise isn't it!  In the evening it was family walk time.  Keri had prepared a list of things for both boys to find.  A scavenger hunt!  They were all things that the boys could find walking in the neighborhood.  
 I had to show off my whistle blowing skills with a blade of grass.  It is so hard to teach someone how to do that.  I guess it might just be a God given gift I have.
 Totally love this picture!  Thanks for sharing it Keri!
These two boys love each other so much and you sure can tell by the way they treat each other.


 Ryland is reading the official scavenger hunt list with great concentration.


 A find!!! Put it in the bag!

Step two on the family walk.  Geocaching.  A new cache was listed not far from the house of Doolittle!  Easton is the first one to control the GPS.  This is serious business.  I remember when Keri and I used to do this geocaching with nothing but clues and hints.  No GPS.  We dug through many bushes that held no surprises.  We found our share too.

 Are we getting any closer?
 Now Ryland gets a turn to navigate!
 Success!

 HMMM.  The listing said it was difficult to open!
 Mark just pulled the top open.  Not difficult at all!
 The boys took out a truck and replaced it with a Colorado Flag pin.
 This was the difficult part.  The log was in a tiny box.  Mark got it opened.
 Intensely studying the log.  At least I think that is what Ry is looking at.
 Time to go home!  The sun is setting over the Colorado Rockies!

No comments:

Post a Comment