Saturday, December 19, 2015

Let it Snow!

Off I go up to 49 Degrees North for my first ski after knee joint replacement!  I have to say I was nervous.  I didn't want to break anything and my knee still feels tight so I knew if I fell it would pull a lot of things and it would hurt.  One way to get my knee loosened up but not the way I want.  I was joined by Mary Croston.  Ski buddies.
 Starting the climb up the mountain to Chewelah Peak!
I always take this picture for some reason!  These are all cell phone pictures.  Didn't want to take my good camera up to the ski hill.
 Look what I saw!!!
 I have arrived
 Look who we found!  The Hill family.  Jack is showing me his new socks!
 Jack and his fabulous mom Michelle!
 New gear all around!  Abby!

And the moment of truth!  Clicking into my bindings!
Heading out on the slopes!
Abby, Mary and Jackie
Thanks to Mary for taking it slow with me and skiing behind me to fight off any skiers that were going to run into me. You are the best Mary!




It snowed all day and as the snow piled up it got harder for me.  My leg is weak but my knee was great.  Can't wait to get my leg up to speed.  I am excited because I noticed so many things that I can do that I couldn't do with my old knee because of pain.


 The sun teased us a little bit.



I would have to say the day was a success.  I skied slower than normal and had to take a lot of rest stops.  Mary took at least one more run than I did.  She hung out with the slow Jackie all day.  Thanks Mary! My last run was one that I wished I hadn't decided to take!  My legs were worn out.  I made it though.  I guess a full summer of not doing my usual exercise because of surgery took its toll.  I can't wait until I am back at it full strength!  No pain and lots of skiing!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment