Tuesday, May 26, 2020

May 20, 2020 Birthday

Birthday #67!  Hard to believe but so good to have another birthday.  Mike suggested that I make my favorite birthday cake myself.  I was totally OK with that.  Angel food cake.  Well, I cooked one and this is what it looked like when I took it out and turned the cake over like you were supposed to.  Fell right out of the pan.  Didn't rise at all which I noticed in the oven. I did turn the temperature down 5 degrees so the top wouldn't get burned.  I thought that was the issue.  It wasn't.  I ran to that store and got another mix, well actually two just in case.  Put it in the oven on the correct temperature and took it out again and the same thing happened.  I called Mike and asked him to just buy one.  Frustrated, what could I have done? I could not figure it out.  I have made so many of these cakes.  Well, I finally figured it out but I am not divulging what I did, sorry.  


 We had a small get together with family and friends.  Bonus, Katie was home!

Mike, Mariane, Peggy, Bonnie, Sheila and Freida (with her family) came to celebrate and share some angel food cake.  Mike also made brownies.   After dessert it was family, Mike and Mariane.  We played this guessing game. You have to guess who or what you are on the card in your headband.  Not sure what it is called.  We laughed a lot.



Evidence.  We found out after everyone went home that Mike cheated.  There is a mirror to the left of this picture.  While he was looking to see what someone's card was he looked in the mirror and saw his.  He was a good actor.  We had no idea!




The Lathrops got me several things for working in the garden.  Perfect because I am the helper this year. It was a fun birthday for sure.  Until next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment