Monday, May 18, 2020

Quarantine Adventures Post 2, 2020

Sheila and I wanted a change of pace for our walks.  Fish Lake Trail gets a little old.  We decided to drive to Mirabeau Park and start our walk there.  So beautiful.  I know I say it over and over but Spokane is a beautiful place to live.  
 Off we go with the intention of walking 4-5 miles.
 We were walking along the Spokane River.




We were not able to do Bloomsday this year and it is 7.45 miles.  We wanted to do the mileage of Bloomsday sometime and this day was the day.  Our walk got stretched a bit.
 Look, look!
 We completed the Bloomsday distance! Not the course but the distance.  Bloomsday is rescheduled for September.
 Next up. This is not the same day as the walk as you can see but the rain.  I had to drop something off at Kristin's and decided I had been in the house too much.  I decided to drive.  I drove to Chewelah which is close to 49 Degrees North ski area.  Chewelah is about 60 miles from my house.
 Then I drove and drove.  I took some back roads in Williams Valley and finally ended up in 9 Mile Falls.  I decided to try and remember where I used to live the Suncrest housing development.
I found the house but for sure it was updated a bunch.  Time to head home after over an hour of driving.
Next adventure a few days later!! We got our easement fixed.  I was fascinated by the huge dump trucks and how they maneuvered all the wires along the easement.  This picture was taken from our yard into the neighbors back yard.  These are the things that fascinate you when you are supposed to stay at home and stay safe.  Truth!
 They missed all the wires.


 The grading machine.

 There you have it.  More quarantine adventures, if you can actually call them adventures.  Hopefully, this will all be over soon.  Maybe this will be my last quarantine post.

No comments:

Post a Comment