Saturday, April 30, 2022

Deer Park vs Riverside, Layne's Softball

This was an exciting one!  Deer Park really needed to beat Riverside.  Riverside had only lost one game. Number 19, Layne, is up! She bats 3rd and got two hits in this game.   

Go Layne, get home.  It was a close game until it wasn't. 
I tried to get to the opposite side of the field from where we were watching to get this at bat.  I wanted a picture that wasn't the numbers on Layne's back.  I got there and knelt down to position my camera so the fence was not in the picture and boom.  Layne hit the first pitch.  I missed it but got part of her bat swing.  The bases were loaded and she cleared the bases with a double.  Way to go Layne.
Break time.  






Go Layne go! 
Paige pitching.  She does a great job and she is their only pitcher.  That is a lot of pitching. 
Lucy and friends. 
The grandparents are super focused!



Game over and Deer Park won!  I heard one of the girls on the team yelling, WE DID IT!  They did do it.  
The team picture and a great celebration. 

The end. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment