Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Black Sand, Petroglyphs and Hula Dancers

 Who could ask for anything more!!!  Wow! So much fun!  

Snorkeling was the happening thing on this beach.  I took pictures of random people snorkeling just so you could get the idea.  


I did it! When I first got the snorkel on I wasn't so sure this was a good thing.  Could I breathe?  Patti jumped right in and after a moment of concern so did I.  We didn't have to go far off the shore to see beautiful fish and lots of coral.  What a great experience.  I loved it.  We saw a rescue helicopter going over the area and wondered what was happening.  It was farther out in the ocean!

Black sand is extra hot!
We stayed at the beach fro a couple of hours.  When we got back to Patti and Josh's home we heard they closed the beach because of a shark sighting.  We figured that the helicopter was trying to locate the shark.  Our thoughts anyway.  Although we talked about surviving a shark attack we were never in danger. 
Another historic area Mauna Lani Park.
Lava flows and petroglyphs!  



Ancient Hawaiian carvings in rocks!  
Some carvings were more obvious than others.  
A would guess this is a person!

A boat!
Several people!


It's really incredible that these rocks have stood the test of time for us to see.  History staring right at us.  
We capped the day off with hula dancers.  So talented!  The dancing was beautiful.  

There were different types of hula dancing.  
This women was truly gifted. 

All ages participate in hula dancing. 




Another day full of new and fun experiences.  Thanks to Patti and Josh for driving me all over the island so I could experience it all.  

1 comment: