Monday, December 31, 2012

49 Degrees North Ski with the Lathrops

New Year's Eve day we headed up to 49 Degrees North.  We were meeting Justin, Kristin, Layne and Lucy up there.  It is rather difficult to meet someone on a ski hill when you don't drive together.  We could not find them and they could not find us.  We stopped for lunch then got back on chair one and guess who we saw below.  The kids and Justin and Kristin.  We shouted down to them and they rode up the chair and met us at the top of the mountain.  Kristin and Justin are expert skiers (they are truly amazing) and Layne and Lucy are on their way to be the same.  I can't believe how good the girls ski.  Lucy is three and has no harness or anything.  She is turning and easily stopping.  Layne is hard to keep up with already and she is seven.  I tried to get a video of them and asked them to stop and I would go down and video.  They didn't.  We tried again and everyone was stopped up the hill and I skied down.  I pulled out my camera and said GO!  I got a message on my camera that said the SD card was locked.  I yelled STOP but no one heard me.  I tried to fix it fast and my hands were freezing. To unlock it there is a tiny little thing on the side of the card you have to slide.  Couldn't get it done and everyone was down the hill.  Lesson learned to check that before you want to take a picture.  There will be more chances.  Lucy was getting tired so we headed to the lodge and visited with everyone and ate more food.  They come very well prepared. Lots of food. I finally got a smile out of Lucy!
 Hydrate hydrate Layne!
 Justin was fixing the girls some lunch.
 Mike was chillin' and relaxin' talking to Justin about hunting.
 Layne didn't get her beautiful smile all the way out.  When I see my face next to this young girl I look old.  I think I am supposed to though.  She is only 7 and I am 59!
 Grandpa and Lucy!
 Hi Kristin you look like you are up to something.
 AHHHHH
 Wow!  Great silly face Layne.
Glad we connected with this group.  We love them and love spending time skiing with them even if it was only one run this time.  Next time we will tear it up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment