Saturday, December 1, 2012

Jingle Bell Run/Walk 2012

I mentioned to Mike last night how excited I was for this event.  I wasn't sure why though.  After giving it more thought I love being with my friends, I love seeing all the fun costumes, I love the season and celebrating the birth of Christ and I am so glad I am still around to participate in these events. It's good to be alive!
I went downtown to pick up my shirt and race number and snapped some pictures of the decorations at River Park Square.  Spokane is such a cool place to live.

 This is so precious.  Do you remember the feeling of being so excited to tell Santa what you wanted for Christmas?  I do.
 Saturday morning and time for the group picture.  Team Gleason shirts were first.  Sheila and me, myself, and I.
 A much smaller group this year. From the left, Linda, Deanna, Jackie, Sheila, Mandy.
 We had a couple of late comers for the picture.  Not complaining but the photographer didn't hold the camera still.  One year we got in trouble for going inside the roped off area around the tree for pictures.  We did it again very quickly. Freida and Olivia joined us.
 Someone was taking a picture of this group and I got in the action.
 Mandy and Deanna with the Bloomsday runners.  The metal Bloomsday runners were constructed as a tribute to the Bloomsday race and the 30,000 plus runners who come to Spokane to do the event every year.
 Sheila, Linda and Jackie
 Not sure what this costume was but it was good. Monkey on your back?
 He is the open fire. Chestnuts roasting on a open fire.
 The Christmas story.  I think this must be a movie that gets on my list to watch.
 Here is the whole group from the Christmas song.  Tiny Tots with their eyes all a glow. Look closely you will see everyone in the song represented.
 Cute!  Love the shirts.
 These people are all so creative.
 Shock mascot with Olivia and Freida! I got a little nervous for a minute.  Did I just take a picture of a Chicago Bear (NFL)?  Ick!  It wasn't.
 The Claus family.
 Beautiful Fall day in Spokane, WA.

 We will and we did!
 Even the animals dressed up.
 Very cute.
 Getting there.
 And we did jingle all the way. Everyone got bells to put on their shoes.
 Mandi and her boys.
 Sheila
 Jackie.
 Our traditional coffee stop.  We thought we would go the Rocket Bakery and it wouldn't be crowded with Jingle Bell people.  It was.  Deanna and Sheila.
 Jackie and Deanna!
Great day for a trip around Spokane!  Can't wait until next year!  Fun times EAOD!

2 comments:

  1. Was a great run did you see the wedding proposal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No was it before the run? Totally missed it. That would have been great to get pictures of.

      Delete