Saturday, December 15, 2012

Windermere Christmas Party 2012

One of the best Christmas parties ever!  Maybe because I am a bit of a science geek and maybe because of the miracle of life.  Christmas is the day our Savior was born!  Ok, back to the science.  The party was at Mobius Science center.  Loved it.  Some of the displays were not working so that was a bit disappointing but there was enough to keep me occupied which is not difficult for me. Love science.  It was also wonderful seeing Mike's co-workers and getting hugs from them.  Some I hadn't seen since the motorcycle ride 2 days before the aneurysm.  Such a wonderful supportive group of people.  Thanks for all your prayers and love.  
One of the displays at the science center below.
 Turtles!
 Jim liked the displays as much as I did.  This one launched handmade paper airplanes.  We had to keep moving people so the airplanes didn't hit anyone.  There were hoops hanging from the ceiling the planes were supposed to go through but they didn't always make it.  Jim had a technique.  Do not let the tip of the plane be the first thing to touch the launcher.  Let the first part be the center of the plane.  It worked.  They flew!
 Shelby and Mike in line for dinner.  Wonderful dinner!  Yum!
 You could create different currents in the water by moving the items in each canal!
 Larry and Mike!  Lois and Larry are a wonderful couple and helped Mike and I a lot during my illness!  Thank you!
 I did it Jack. You are on the internet.  Sitting on your knees with no chair scooping up food.
 There the lizards are again.
 The hoops over the head of Dallas and friends are the hoops the paper airplanes were supposed to go through.  The food was great.  PF Changs!
This is another display.  It shoots paper cups up through the layers of the atmosphere (a model of course) using a shot of air.  These guys were having a blast playing with it.  I did it too.  Made me laugh.  Love this stuff!
 This is the result of the paper cup experiment!
 Shelby and me!  Love you Shelby!
 I found one more thing to do before we left.  Of course I didn't document everything.  On this one there was a long tube.  There was a 2 liter bottle at the bottom.  You lock the bottle then wind a wheel and it fills with water until you stop, then you add air by pumping.   Then you launch your rocket.  Fun!
 I am pumping here!
 This is the tube it blasts up!  All the way to the top several times when I did it.
 Last but not least was the band.  What a great night.  Thanks to Windermere and thanks to all the wonderful people that Mike works with.  Your support means so much to Mike and me!  Mike loves working with all of you!  I am so thankful for you all. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment