Friday, July 19, 2013

Cherry Pickers Trot July 2013

Off we go again.  Another event.  We decided to shake it up this time and head to the country for some fun.  Selling pies, ice cream, a cherry pit spitting contest, face painting, a band.  The Cherry Picker Trot had it all!   


 



 This was unreal.  They spit the pit so far.  It think these people spend the off season practicing for this!  Not sure what the prize is or if there is one.


 Some food before we started!  Yum! We beat the food rush!

 The crowd kept growing and growing.
 We talked Nicolas into giving the spitting a try!  Turns out he doesn't like cherries and the only way to get the pit was to eat the cherry.


 Wear it proud Nicolas!
 We thought we would join the band for a while.

 Emergency vehicles were available and it turns out they were needed.
 Smile for the camera!
 Yes, I am in an outhouse.  They pull this outhouse over the start line with a tractor to start the race.  If that isn't pure country I don't know what is.
 The rest of the EAOD stayed on the outside of the outhouse.
 The kids had their own run!
 As always a line for the outhouse!  Mine was moving, rocking and I could hear my friends laughing outside when I was in it.  It was off balance people!
 Horses, I love horses!
 If you got the pit into this container...YOU WIN $100.00!  You had to spit it a long way and be very accurate.  Didn't see anyone succeed.


 Here we go.  4 miles to go!
 Beautiful scenery for an event.  Beautiful!


 Here is where the emergency vehicles entered the picture.  I don't know what happened and I didn't want to go poke my camera in the ambulance door like I did when Deanna took a trip in the ambulance.  That would have been tacky.  I did say a quick prayer for the injured person.



 3 miles!

 Done as the sun begins to set.  Another good time with friends.  I couldn't have better ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment